Staff Accountant – CPA or CPA Path
$65-$85K + Bonus
The Staff Accountant has primary responsibility for financial accounting and analysis for the Company’s Corporate reporting segment. The Corporate segment represents technology and administrative companies that service the operational businesses of electronic brokerage and securities market making. This position reports directly to the Corporate Accounting Manager and has significant growth potential.
In addition to the accounting functions, this position has a significant role in the development and maintenance of our accounting system, Oracle – E Business Suite. You will interact with accounting management to understand their processes and assist them in applying system functionality to automate and streamline these processes.
The successful candidate will be a highly organized, analytical thinker who is interested in developing and enforcing financial controls over new and existing businesses, and interested in designing and implementing accounting systems to achieve this objective.
- Identify, design and implement accounting for new businesses initiatives.
- Improve and automate financial control processes by collaborating with our technology teams to create and streamline our accounting systems.
- Responsible for the daily and monthly close of five legal entities in the Corporate segment.
- Analysis of monthly financial results for the Corporate segment with select reporting to executive management.
- Responsible for accurate annual audited financial statements for three legal entities and the coordination with external auditors.
- Responsible to support the Oracle E Business Suite ERP administration function.
A qualified candidate should have a good knowledge of:
- U.S. GAAP.
- Reconciliations, procedures and controls over financial reporting.
- Monthly entity accounting closing processes.
- Financial analytics and communication with executive management.
- Certified Public Accountant (“CPA”), or in the process of becoming a CPA.
- 3-5 years of experience in accounting.
- Financial Services Industry experience.
- Oracle Financials E Business Suite release 12 experience.
MS Access and Excel macro proficiency
If qualified, e-mail resume and you will be contacted